End User Computing Engineer (Systems Engineering)
We are hiring for an End User Computing Engineer (Systems Engineer) within the Philippines!
The End User Computing Engineer (Systems Engineer), provides design, configuration and operational management of the agency's end user computing environment. This role will also be responsible for defining the framework and documentation for IT Operations to support the environment on an ongoing basis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working with IT management to evaluate and define overall desktop management strategy including end-user device, end point management, and support requirements to meet end user compute requirements, maximize service levels, and minimize total cost of ownership.
- Integrate best practices and evolving technologies such as traditional PC desktop/laptop technology, thin client technology, VDI, Secure Browsing and Enterprise Mobility Management.
- Oversee Asset Lifecycle Management including but not limited to:
- Desktop solution support including coordination with 3rd party helpdesk/desktop support vendor
- Design and execute end user asset refresh
- Inventory management, reporting, and audit
- Provide oversight and escalation point-of-contact for 3rd party helpdesk and internal staff related to desktop and service desk issues.
- Hands on design and implementation of endpoint management using Microsoft Intune
- Hands on design and implementation of user and device policy using Azure AD
- Asset and configuration management
- Continual service improvement
- Incident & problem management
- Ownership and initiative
- Service focus, reporting, and Service Management Framework knowledge
- Testing and user focus
- Change Management
- Strong Documentation and Communication Skills (Verbal/Written) in English
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to balance and prioritize tasks
- Excellent customer-facing skills including consensus building
- Must be able to interact well with others and possess a clear understanding of customer service and support
- 5+ years of hands-on infrastructure and operations delivery experience.
- 3 to 5 years of advanced hands-on experience with Azure and Microsoft 365 administration.
- Technical knowledge of desktop solutions including sourcing, provisioning, configuration, imaging, etc.; Experience with Thin Clients or VDI preferred.
- Experience with planning, designing, and implementation of end point management solutions, and desktop/laptop/mobile devices.
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors including VARs and manufacturers.
- 3+ years managing full system lifecycle projects including requirements definition, design, configuration, testing, deployment, and support
- Experienced in leading cross-functional systems projects involving multiple technical areas.